Mancelona United Methodist Church
Mancelona UMW Chapter
President: Wendy Aldrich
Vice President: Carol Kingsley
Secretary: Ellen Whitehead
Treasurer: Rhonda Allen
Meets 1:00 pm on the second Wednesday of the month.
United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is a community of women who nurture and encourage one another in their spiritual growth, personal leadership and transformation. United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice. Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is:
• To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
• To develop a creative supportive fellowship.
• To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Why join? You become part of a national membership organization that offers:
• A community of women
• Spiritual growth
• A creative & supportive community
• Education & transformation through programs
United Methodist Women welcomes all women who commit themselves to our Purpose.
• You don't have to be a member of The United Methodist Church to join.
• Our membership is diverse: women of many races, cultures, languages, young and old.
• There is no minimum age requirement.
Who can join?
Each year United Methodist Women members:
• Raise millions of dollars for programs aiding and empowering women, children and youth.
• Advocate for the needs of women, children, youth.
• Become equipped for service and action through education.
• Train to be leaders through events and workshops.
What our members do
Location varies - Check with Secretary, Ellen Whitehead
All are welcome!
January 27, 2018 - Innovative Gathering regarding human trafficking. For more information, call 1.866.772.1213.